[Kde-games-devel] KSirk Jabber code

Kleag kleag at free.fr
Thu Dec 11 22:38:04 CET 2008

Albert,

Yes, I talked to the kopete Jabber plugin developer (I put Olivier in copy).
If I remember well, he said that the iris lib in kopete was an old version and
that if I could use a newer version, it would be better (am I right, Olivier
?). Then I adapted the latest iris lib and I planned to do the job to adapt
existing kopete code to be able to use it too. But to try my ideas quickly, I
started by copying the relevant part of the kopete Jabber plugin. In fact, I'm
not using in kopete a lot of this code features.

Also, I feeled that it would be not very efficient to ask the adition of
something that should go into kdelibs where the intersection was in fact
limited and also because it was dependent on an external, iris, even if iris
is directly integrated in the kopete plugin.

Finaly, I planned to port the kopete Jabber plugin to use the new iris
version, and I actualy started the job, but the summer was finished and I
could not find the time to do it cleanly in time...

So, what do you think I should do right now ? Knowing that the Jabber
integration in KsirK is still experimental and will need some work to make it
completely usable (a warning inform the user about that) du to speed reasons
at game start.

Regards,

Gaël