[Kde-games-devel] Kapman sprite system (also, connecting-tiles systems)

Mauricio Piacentini piacentini at kde.org
Wed Dec 10 18:36:01 CET 2008

Eugene Trounev wrote:
 > However Matthew rises a valid point - KDEGames animation framework
 > sucks :) And his idea of using Plasma like *hints* right inside svg
files is
 > very nice! .desktop configs are fine by the way.

Yes, each game currently uses its own animation system, but we really
have no "framework" for this. The few games that feature animation
usually just append the frame numbers to the id of the element, i.e.
enemy_1, enemy_2, enemy_3. It is doing the job so far, but if a given
game requires a refinement then something like what Matthew suggests
could be a good starting point, with hints for fps and the like.

Regards,
Mauricio Piacentini