[Kde-games-devel] kapman tiles (was: Tiled graphic)

Thomas Gallinari tg8187 at yahoo.fr
Tue Dec 9 00:35:23 CET 2008

Le Tue, 09 Dec 2008 00:19:15 +0100, Matthew Woehlke
<mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net> a écrit:

> Thomas Gallinari wrote:
>> I would be interested in working on it with you (we have only planned
>> that
>> but stopped developping for now),
>
> In that case... I'll see about dusting off my old code (assuming I can
> find time :-( ). Of course, I'm now going to want to library-ize it ;-).

I think it is a good idea to library-ize it :)

> (Ick, any chance I could try again to talk y'all into kdelibs coding
> style, or at least adding kate modelines everywhere? I hereby offer to
> do the work if you'd be okay with such a change.)

It seems to be a very important thing to you, so have fun...

> Maybe I should just start writing a tile lib against something, maybe
> Kapman, maybe KSame, and as a group (meaning, all kdegames hackers) we
> can look at getting it into additional games.

I am ok that you experiment your lib on Kapman, but be sure your work is
done before commiting anything ! This will be a huge change !

>> but I am not available at once, it
>> should be ok within a few months.
>
> Heh, I know how that goes.

Christmas and end of my studies are coming ! :)

>> According that you keep in touch with me and Pierre-Benoit
>> <besse.pb at gmail.com>, you can apply such an improvement to Kapman if you
>> want.
>
> Does Pierre-Benoit read this list? (I assume you do?) Normally I would
> submit patches here and wait for a reply.

I think he does. I'm ok for patches but remember that we had problems last
time, due to the code formatting. So, send us what we need to be able to
apply the patch. :)

--
Thomas Gallinari