[Kde-games-devel] kdegames maintainer list update

Eugene Trounev eugene.trounev at gmail.com
Sat Dec 6 04:39:28 CET 2008

> Nice example diagram. Would it not be quite tricky to get the
> connectors to line of perfectly, especially with a complicated or
> detailed theme? I'm just picturing lots "of by a pixel" rendering
> issues that would be extra visible in this case. Is any other KDE game
> using this (or a similar) technique?
Yes - knetwalk does use the same technique. There shouldn't be any troubles
cos we are using the base (the transparent bg of each sprite) or the same size
for each element. As long as this simple rule is followed we will always have
perfect alignment. (It does depend on artist's skills of course).

> Another issue would be combining the connectors with the animation.
> Would we animate the connectors too. That seems like a lot of sprites
> for artists to draw. If they weren't animated, we would have to take a
> lot of care that the static connectors didn't overlap with the
> animated pieces.
I assumed that we are talking about 2 different games. One uses rotation on
hover, the other - connections. And even if it is the same game there is no
problem. Remember - it doesn't have to be rotation, it could be some sort of
other interactive movement, which doesn't require connectors to change at all.