[Kde-games-devel] KDE Games Report from Akademy 2008

Fela Winkelmolen fela.kde at gmail.com
Sun Aug 17 14:22:29 CEST 2008

On Sun, Aug 17, 2008 at 12:12 PM, Karl Ove Hufthammer <karl at huftis.org>wrote:

> Matt Williams skreiv:
>
> > We need to think about making our games more accessible. For the most
> part
> > this means considering making your games playable entirely through the
> > keyboard.
>
> Making the games entirely playable with the *mouse* would also be nice.
> For instance, in KBreakout you have to use the keyboard to start the game
> (press the 'Space' bar), even though the rest of the game is played using
> the mouse. Very annoying. :(

I'm going to fix this as I get complaints from a lot of people, but the
simplest solution of fire on mouse click wont work, it was that way when in
beta and people kept clicking outside of the window, making the game lose
focus, and that was even more annoying than having to get used to using the
keyboard, believe me. If you want more info about it please look for the
relevant bug report.

Cheers,
- fela