[Kde-games-devel] Bomberman

Mathias Kraus k.hias at gmx.de
Mon Aug 11 21:07:02 CEST 2008

Josef Spillner schrieb am Sunday 10 August 2008:
> Hello,
>
> Am Sonntag 10 August 2008 14:37:00 schrieb Mathias Kraus:
> > So far I have some basic Qt code for moving and placing bombs, but it
> > seems kapman from playground is very similar to what I want to do, so I
> > thought I use it as base for granatier (yes, I spent the whole year for
> > finding a name and now I notice I have no K in it ;) ). I also had a look
> > at the code from clanbomber, but it was not easy understandable for me. I
> > also know that there is kamikaze at kde-apps, but it's a KDE3 game and I
> > don't know if it's easy to port to KDE4 especially since it seems to be
> > very basic and kapman seems to be more like what I want to do.
>
> Rule of thumb: Before you start a new project, have a look at what is
> available already :)

Yeah, I looked very much, but there was nothing that suited. The problem is,
that there are a few bomberman clones for linux that can be played over
network, but the other two guys I want to play with use windows.

> I haven't had a look at Kapman yet, but as the author of Kamikaze my
> (slightly subjective) opinion is that a KDE 4 port should be feasible. If
> Kapman is more to your liking, then please consider spending your time on
> it. Either of the two choices is IMHO better than starting yet another such
> clone.

Does network gaming work? I'm just trying to recompile kamikaze, because the
last time I think I build it without ggz.
In the end I think it will be an mixture of kamikaze and kapman, especially
because in kapman there is already the SVG stuff done and the game is very
similar. I think the main thing would be to make capable to play over network.

Hias