[Kde-games-devel] Bomberman

Josef Spillner spillner at kde.org
Sun Aug 10 16:52:11 CEST 2008

Hello,

Am Sonntag 10 August 2008 14:37:00 schrieb Mathias Kraus:
> So far I have some basic Qt code for moving and placing bombs, but it seems
> kapman from playground is very similar to what I want to do, so I thought I
> use it as base for granatier (yes, I spent the whole year for finding a
> name and now I notice I have no K in it ;) ). I also had a look at the code
> from clanbomber, but it was not easy understandable for me. I also know
> that there is kamikaze at kde-apps, but it's a KDE3 game and I don't know
> if it's easy to port to KDE4 especially since it seems to be very basic and
> kapman seems to be more like what I want to do.

Rule of thumb: Before you start a new project, have a look at what is
available already :)

I haven't had a look at Kapman yet, but as the author of Kamikaze my (slightly
subjective) opinion is that a KDE 4 port should be feasible. If Kapman is
more to your liking, then please consider spending your time on it. Either of
the two choices is IMHO better than starting yet another such clone.

Josef