[Kde-games-devel] Bomberman

Karl Ove Hufthammer karl at huftis.org
Mon Aug 11 19:04:36 CEST 2008

Richard Hartmann:

>> Personally, I would much prefer something a bit more kid-friendly,
>> with cheerful and colourful graphics (and using the official KDE
>> palette). In SVG, of course.
>
> That is the beauty of themes :)

Yes. I suggest that *default* theme being kid-friendly and cheerful and use
the official KDE palette. Then alternative themes can be made in the style
of a dark, dystopian sci-fi movie with angry robots. :)

>> Something similar to the graphics in mrboom, perhaps (see
>> the images at the bottom of
>> "http://www.gratis-kvalitetsdataspel.org/omtalar/mrboom/").
>
> They are nice & kid-friendly. Also, they seem to be mainly ripped
> from SNES bomberman ROMs, which makes them a no-no for KDE.

Sure. I just meant the graphics as inspiration regarding the light,
cheerful and colourful style. An actual theme may well use completely
different design elements. (I think a theme similar to the icy theme
in mrboom may suit Tux well, though.)

> Best thing to do would be to create different modii (is that how you spell
> this?). Like tetrinet and others, 'standard' and 'extra' modes are fun.
> Just provide profiles that include rules, lifes, items etc and let the
> users create their own profiles, as well.

Yeah. But do have a sensible, simple default. I hate games that makes me go
through several options screens to set all possible options before starting
the actual gamepaly. I like a nice ‘Start game‘ button with good defaults.

--
Karl Ove Hufthammer