[Kde-games-devel] Bomberman

Mon Aug 11 17:02:44 CEST 2008

On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 15:52, Karl Ove Hufthammer <karl at huftis.org> wrote:

> Personally, I would much prefer something a bit more kid-friendly,
> with cheerful and colourful graphics (and using the official KDE
> palette). In SVG, of course.

That is the beauty of themes :)

> Something similar to the graphics in mrboom, perhaps (see
> the images at the bottom of
> "http://www.gratis-kvalitetsdataspel.org/omtalar/mrboom/").

They _are_ nice & kid-friendly. Also, they seem to be mainly ripped
from SNES bomberman ROMs, which makes them a no-no for KDE.

> One thing I also like with the graphics in mrboom, is the slightly
> 3D-ish viewpoint, instead of a strict top-down view.

Note how the soccer field does not have the isometric pov. That seems
to be original content by the guys who made mrboom.
I agree that isometric views are almost always a plus.

> The gameplay in mrboom also strikes a nice balance between features and
> simplicity (it's not too complex, with only a few bonus items).
> (As you may have understood by now, mrboom is my favourite Bomberman clone.)

Best thing to do would be to create different modii (is that how you spell
this?). Like tetrinet and others, 'standard' and 'extra' modes are fun.
Just provide profiles that include rules, lifes, items etc and let the users
create their own profiles, as well.

Richard