[Kde-games-devel] Bomberman

Karl Ove Hufthammer karl at huftis.org
Mon Aug 11 15:52:02 CEST 2008

Richard Hartmann:

>> granatier (yes, I spent the whole year for finding a name
>> and now I notice I have no K in it ;) ).
>
> Klanbomber? :)
> Especially if you were able to make it use the same artwork

Personally, I would much prefer something a bit more kid-friendly,
with cheerful and colourful graphics (and using the official KDE
palette). In SVG, of course.

Something similar to the graphics in mrboom, perhaps (see
the images at the bottom of
"http://www.gratis-kvalitetsdataspel.org/omtalar/mrboom/").

One thing I also like with the graphics in mrboom, is the slightly
3D-ish viewpoint, instead of a strict top-down view.

The gameplay in mrboom also strikes a nice balance between features and
simplicity (it’s not too complex, with only a few bonus items).
(As you may have understood by now, mrboom is my favourite Bomberman clone.)

mrboom is an old DOS game, and is free (as in beer), so fire up dosbox with
the GUS sound card emulator turned on, and give it a try. (Use the link
‘Spelet (631 KiB)’ on the above Web page.)

--
Karl Ove Hufthammer