[Kde-games-devel] Here, there be feedbacks

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Aug 8 18:14:49 CEST 2008

Richard Hartmann wrote:
> 3) kdiamond starts a game immediately when you open the
> application, most others wait for you to press a button.

Hmm, none of the games I regularly play wait... knetwalk, kshisen,
ksame... Though I wouldn't mind a demo mode; I tend to start a new game
to shave off the few seconds getting oriented from the app first
starting up. For games with hints (kshisen, kdiamond) this should be
relatively easy to implement, just keep calling hint and then executing
that move. (Actually, for non-timed like ksame I guess it doesn't
matter, but for kshisen and knetwalk the scoring is muchly or wholly
about the time it takes to complete the puzzle.)

> 6) kblocks has a 'get new themes' button in the settings,
> kbreakout does not.

This I think is a WIP, i.e. we do intend all games to eventually use
GHNS but it just hasn't been done yet.

--
Matthew
I was recently amused by issuing 'rm -rf $KDEDIR'... from Konsole, while