[Kde-games-devel] Kmines

Fri Aug 1 18:50:22 CEST 2008

2008/8/1 Ethan Anderson <ethana2 at gmail.com>:

>> Well, mines is a two-part game, where one part consists of finding
>> "large" 0-neighbor areas by random guessing, and the second part is
>> wholly deterministic. There isn't really any "AI", just a series of
>> logic rules to be applied.
>
> Artificial Intelligence is... a series of applied logic rules.   ..and
> tubes.
> If you can do it, your machine can do it.  If your machine can't do it, you
> can't be guaranteed to be able to do it.

/me starts to calculate Pi to the 10,000th digit..
Seriously though, what he meant is that there is no need for an AI in
a game like KMines as there is no adversary. You could use an AI
for demo games, seeing if a game is solvable and the like. Still, the
usefulness of this is probably limited.

Richard