[Kde-games-devel] aKademy 2008 KDEGames talk

Matt Williams matt at milliams.com
Tue Apr 29 15:56:58 CEST 2008

On Tuesday 29 April 2008 14:47:55 jeremy at scitools.com wrote:
> On Monday 28 April 2008 09:49:43 am Matt Williams wrote:
> > On Monday 28 April 2008 14:45:12 Eugene Trounev wrote:
> > > Dear KDEGames,
> > >
> > > As you all know the deadline for submition our aKademy talk is drawing
> > > near. Therefore it is time we ask ourselver whether we want to be heard
> > > this year, or not. Please submit your opinions, and suggestions.
> > > We still have time but do hurry up.
> > >
> > > Thank you for your attention.
> >
> > The main things that I'd like to see is a KNewStuff talk (this would
> > likely be a joint thing with kdeedu) and a GGZ talk. While the panel last
> > year was a great way to give people an overview of the module it didn't
> > allow enough time for each topic and so was far too rushed. We need to
> > keep the talks focused and impressive.
>
> I did submit a proposal to talk about KNewStuff itself (how to use it,
> things you can do with it, etc.)

I thought you may have. I think it's most important to make sure that the KDE
community as a whole is made aware of what it can do for _them_ rather that
what it can do for _games_ I think that given that, we don't need to have a
separate talk about KNewStuff in kdegames.
Just as long as people know us gamsers are using KNewStuff :)

Perhaps a workshop or BoF would work well for kdegames+knewstuff.

> > We're also going to need a kdegames BoF during the week but we can
> > organise that another time.
> >
> > While we're on the topic of Akademy, I'll mention an idea I had for this
> > year. What do people think about a KDE-wide games tournament. I think it
> > would be a great way to show off the games we've produced to many of the
> > KDE devs who think that "games aren't important" as well as building up a
> > bit of a community competitive spirit.
>
> I think that would be a good idea actually.  Especially for the fast games
> like kollision and stuff.  Not as exciting to watch a solitaire tournament
> ;)

Yeah, I need to put some thought into how it will l work but kollision would
be fun.

Matt