[Kde-games-devel] aKademy 2008 KDEGames talk

Eugene Trounev eugene.trounev at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 19:34:32 CEST 2008

On Monday 28 April 2008 11:49:43 am Matt Williams wrote:
> On Monday 28 April 2008 14:45:12 Eugene Trounev wrote:
> > Dear KDEGames,
> >
> > As you all know the deadline for submition our aKademy talk is drawing
> > near. Therefore it is time we ask ourselver whether we want to be heard
> > this year, or not. Please submit your opinions, and suggestions.
> > We still have time but do hurry up.
> >
> > Thank you for your attention.
>
> The main things that I'd like to see is a KNewStuff
Agreed. Who's going to do this one? I need names and photos (aKademy
requirement) + the ideas for the talk.

> talk (this would likely
> be a joint thing with kdeedu) and a GGZ
And once again - name + photos.

> time for each topic and so was far too rushed. We need to keep the talks
> focused and impressive.
That's up to the speakers, but we will do all we can to make the talks
exciting.

> We're also going to need a kdegames BoF during the week but we can organise
> that another time.
To be discussed at the meeting this month.

> While we're on the topic of Akademy, I'll mention an idea I had for this
> year. What do people think about a KDE-wide games tournament. I think it
> would be a great way to show off the games we've produced to many of the
> KDE devs who think that "games aren't important" as well as building up a
> bit of a community competitive spirit.
We will discuss this at the meeting. Newer the less - I think the idea is
great. However :) it will require some effort on our part ;) To keep track of
the tournament we will need some way to monitor the scores, which is not
possible atm.