[Kde-games-devel] aKademy 2008 KDEGames talk

Matt Williams matt at milliams.com
Mon Apr 28 19:56:11 CEST 2008

On Monday 28 April 2008 18:34:32 Eugene Trounev wrote:
> On Monday 28 April 2008 11:49:43 am Matt Williams wrote:
> > On Monday 28 April 2008 14:45:12 Eugene Trounev wrote:
> > > Dear KDEGames,
> > >
> > > As you all know the deadline for submition our aKademy talk is drawing
> > > near. Therefore it is time we ask ourselver whether we want to be heard
> > > this year, or not. Please submit your opinions, and suggestions.
> > > We still have time but do hurry up.
> > >
> > > Thank you for your attention.
> >
> > The main things that I'd like to see is a KNewStuff
>
> Agreed. Who's going to do this one? I need names and photos (aKademy
> requirement) + the ideas for the talk.

I'm not sure but it might be worth approaching Jeremy Whiting (jpwhiting)
about this. AFAIK he's currently working on the KNS dialogs. It depends
whether he wants to do the talk really.

> > talk (this would likely
> > be a joint thing with kdeedu) and a GGZ
>
> And once again - name + photos.

Josef Spillner is the dude for this. I haven't seen him on IRC for a while
(since FISL). Does anyone know if he's on holiday or something?

> > time for each topic and so was far too rushed. We need to keep the talks
> > focused and impressive.
>
> That's up to the speakers, but we will do all we can to make the talks
> exciting.
>
> > We're also going to need a kdegames BoF during the week but we can
> > organise that another time.
>
> To be discussed at the meeting this month.
>
> > While we're on the topic of Akademy, I'll mention an idea I had for this
> > year. What do people think about a KDE-wide games tournament. I think it
> > would be a great way to show off the games we've produced to many of the
> > KDE devs who think that "games aren't important" as well as building up a
> > bit of a community competitive spirit.
>
> We will discuss this at the meeting. Newer the less - I think the idea is
> great. However :) it will require some effort on our part ;) To keep track
> of the tournament we will need some way to monitor the scores, which is not
> possible atm.

Josef mentioned that the GGZ server application had functionality to manage
game tournaments. As far as getting the code on the KDE side to get this
running, I'm willing to work on that.

Regards,
Matt Williams