[Kde-games-devel] aKademy 2008 KDEGames talk

Matt Williams matt at milliams.com
Mon Apr 28 17:49:43 CEST 2008

On Monday 28 April 2008 14:45:12 Eugene Trounev wrote:
> Dear KDEGames,
>
> As you all know the deadline for submition our aKademy talk is drawing
> near. Therefore it is time we ask ourselver whether we want to be heard
> this year, or not. Please submit your opinions, and suggestions.
> We still have time but do hurry up.
>
> Thank you for your attention.

The main things that I'd like to see is a KNewStuff talk (this would likely be
a joint thing with kdeedu) and a GGZ talk. While the panel last year was a
great way to give people an overview of the module it didn't allow enough
time for each topic and so was far too rushed. We need to keep the talks
focused and impressive.

We're also going to need a kdegames BoF during the week but we can organise
that another time.

While we're on the topic of Akademy, I'll mention an idea I had for this year.
What do people think about a KDE-wide games tournament. I think it would be a
great way to show off the games we've produced to many of the KDE devs who
think that "games aren't important" as well as building up a bit of a
community competitive spirit.

Regards,
Matt Williams