[Kde-games-devel] Puzzle game for KDE

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Apr 8 01:22:12 CEST 2008

Richard Hartmann wrote:
> Also, there are several shapes which lend themselves to endless repetition.
> These could also make for fun puzzles, especially in the harder levels.

Puzzle pieces of identical tessellating shapes would be great! Escher
salamanders[1], anyone?

1: http://www.mcescher.com/Gallery/symmetry-bmp/E25.jpg

> You could even make puzzles on the outside of a tube, a cube or a sphere,
> allowing for jigsaws without any border or corner pieces.

A sphere sounds like an implementation that would need a 3d
representation. Have you considered a torus? Both that and a cylinder
are easily (and without distortion) mapped to 2d space with appropriate
wrapping. Puzzles of tiling patterns (with no/wrapped edges) sounds
interesting.

--
Matthew
First time I've gotten a programming job that required a drug test. I