[Kde-games-devel] Puzzle game for KDE

Mon Apr 7 18:07:22 CEST 2008

Yes, yes, I am replying very late :/

On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 10:30 PM, Stefan Majewsky <majewsky at gmx.net> wrote:

>  If you mean with "regular pattern" that each piece has the same width and
>  height, that is what we're thinking of (makes internal object management
>  easier).

You could try and see if you can have irregular pieces as suggested
later in this
thread. This would be especially nice for smaller children which, for me, is the
main use of your game, as I have two nieces. You could even think about
providing those 'set boards' where you need to fit ducks, sheep, cows and
whatnot into a piece of wood.
Also, there are several shapes which lend themselves to endless repetition.
These could also make for fun puzzles, especially in the harder levels.
You could even make puzzles on the outside of a tube, a cube or a sphere,
allowing for jigsaws without any border or corner pieces.

Not being bound by actual realitiy could make for some really
interesting twists!

Richard