[Kde-games-devel] Re : Re : What to do for default theme for Kapman?

Pierre-Benoit Besse besse.pb at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 08:40:19 CEST 2008

> You mention that you already wrote most of the code for tile levels, is
> this right? I re-read some of the messages, and what I feel from this
> discussion is that for one reason or another some of your goals or
> priorities at the moment might not match the ones from the original
> developers. And both you and them are very polite, and do not want
> confrontation, while disagreeing respectfully about some points :)
> I might be wrong, but if this is the case, then of course contributing
> is more difficult. At the same time, their vision might simply be
> different, and they might be looking for simpler solutions at this time,
> and do not want to get distracted from what they consider is essential
> to complete the game. A lot of maybe's and might's... Anyway, if this is
> the case, it might be better to let them complete their initial vision,
> as a rough first cut. When this is done, it is easier to start accepting
> external input, I think. Maybe not optimal, but easier :) Notice that I
> am discouraging you guys from working together, but the original
> developers should probably steer the process for a while longer in this
> final sprint, imo.

It's not that we disagree with each other really, the point is, if I chose
to continu my contribution to Kapman, it was mainly to learn more about
games development, KDE development, etc. (we are students remember ? ;) )
But matthew, you suggest so many things at once that I (we?) don't
understand the half of it. If you want to see all of it imlemented for June,
you will have to do it mainly alone and I feel like we will have to run
after you trying to understand what you did.

My current mood is, if we manage to make kapman releasable for 4.1 all for
the better ! But we will have to make simpler choices than that.
If we don't mangage it, so be it, we will be there for 4.2.

Our exams finished last week, we will have time to work on kapman now,
but I wont spend all my evenings and week-ends on it ;)

Regards

Pierre-Benoit