[Kde-games-devel] untranslated strings in kdegames

Mauricio Piacentini mauricio at tabuleiro.com
Wed Sep 26 19:14:46 CEST 2007

Burkhard Lück wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tested the translation of some kdegames with Coolo's language x-test
> (trunk/l10n-kde4/x-test) and found some untranslatable messages in
> trunk/kdegames from 25.09.2007

Can you explain in more detail how this works? I am seeing some
translations in .desktop files that are not really correct (default for
example appears to be translated automatically, and the brazilian
portuguese word chosen for it is not the best in the context of theme
names for example.) Maybe these are related?

> kmahjongg:
> "Combinations left:"
> In configure dialog:
> Names of board layouts: "Default", "Triangle", "Stacks", "Tower", "Pyramid"
> Names of Tiles: "Default", "Classic", "Traditional", Alphabet", "Imperial
> Jade"
> Names of backgrounds: "Default", "Chinese Landscape", "Light Wood"

Names of boards, tiles and backgrounds are translatable, exposed via
.desktop files (see libkmahjongg source, these should be installed in
kmahjongglib/tilesets /backgrounds) in your system.

> kmines:
> In configuration dialog:
> Names of Themes: "Default", "Classic", "Garden of Danger"

Same here, for all games that use KGameTheme. The theme names can be
translated via the .desktop files supplied with each theme.

Regards,
Mauricio Piacentini