[Kde-games-devel] KGolf bug with moving objects

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sun Sep 23 14:35:31 CEST 2007

On 23.09.07 13:10:27, mezz wrote:
> I think that many of those bugs are caused by problems with resizing the game
> when making it full screen. It looks like c, e and f are due to floaters not
> resizing properly, and the problem of disappearing putters also seems unique
> to when the game is resized. I should be able to fix these.
>
> a is cause by the bug that collisions with walls a broken (and have been ever
> since I've known the game). I've been looking into this a lot recently and
> have decided to completely rework the wall collision code. So don't worry
> about current wall problems, since there are big changes on the way here.

Cool.

> As for performance issues, I'm very worried about them, they seem to be
> related to when floaters a pushing things around, hard 13 was almost
> unplayable on my old PC (and that was not a slow system, it should have been
> able to handle this kind of game with no problems).

I don't really have any performance issues here, not with hard 13 or
anything else I tested. But then this is not really an old machine
(1.4GHz Centrino without X11 acceleration except XAA)

> Could you explain a little more about what happened with problem b so that I
> can reproduce it? I'm not quite sure what you mean.

Well, the ball of player one was a bit above the moving bar on the left,
player two was under the leftmost bumper and I putted the
player-two-ball. When that happened and the putter moved to player one's
ball it suddenly moved a bit to the side as if it had been kicked
slightly.

> As for moving into playground, I'm not sure. I'd like to suggest keeping it
> out of playground and then putting it into playground just before the end of
> KDE 4's development if it still isn't good enough then. But I'm not really in
> a position to make an objective decision, since I really want the game to go
> out! (Assuming I do manage to get it good enough in time, I don't want it to
> be dragging the KDE Games package down).

What I meant to say was, if there's nobody actively working on kolf
maybe the same decision needs to be made. Obviously you are working on
it, so just ignore that part of my email please :)

Andreas

--
You two ought to be more careful--your love could drag on for years and years.