[Kde-games-devel] KGolf bug with moving objects

mezz dbdkmezz at gmail.com
Sun Sep 23 15:02:47 CEST 2007

On Sunday 23 September 2007 13:35:31 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > As for performance issues, I'm very worried about them, they seem to be
> > related to when floaters a pushing things around, hard 13 was almost
> > unplayable on my old PC (and that was not a slow system, it should have
> > been able to handle this kind of game with no problems).
>
> I don't really have any performance issues here, not with hard 13 or
> anything else I tested. But then this is not really an old machine
> (1.4GHz Centrino without X11 acceleration except XAA)

I'm very glad to hear that :) My old system had an AMD 3000+ (2GHz), so if it
now works with ok with an 1.4Ghz chip then something must have changed in Qt
4 to improve things. (I now have new system, on which Kolf is silky smooth,
but I didn't know if that was just because the new system is faster or if Qt
had improved.)

> > Could you explain a little more about what happened with problem b so
> > that I can reproduce it? I'm not quite sure what you mean.
>
> Well, the ball of player one was a bit above the moving bar on the left,
> player two was under the leftmost bumper and I putted the
> player-two-ball. When that happened and the putter moved to player one's
> ball it suddenly moved a bit to the side as if it had been kicked
> slightly.

So the balls didn't touch each other and were not interacting with anything
else at the time? Very strange, I've not seen anything like that. Is it
something that you can reproduce? Maybe I should just add some code at the
start of every shot to put the putter back in the right place.

Thanks

Paul