[Kde-games-devel] Fwd: Re: SVG Rendering speed

Mauricio Piacentini mauricio at tabuleiro.com
Sat Sep 22 16:25:54 CEST 2007

Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 21.09.07 22:08:09, Andreas Pakulat wrote:

That is indeed strange. I got the KDE4 Live CD. Games like KMahjongg are
very snappy, including resizing, etc. And with no hardware acceleration.
And this even while top shows kio_file using 50% of the available cpu.
Again, running this on a VMWare host, 512MB of RAM devoted to it.
However, keep in mind I am not actually READING from a real CD, but from
an .iso image, which should probably make a huge difference when loading
stuff like SVG files and the like.

Regards,
Mauricio Piacentini