[Kde-games-devel] Fwd: Re: SVG Rendering speed

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Fri Sep 21 22:08:09 CEST 2007

On 21.09.07 16:52:34, Mauricio Piacentini wrote:
> Martin Heni wrote:
> > I just started some games from Stephans KDE4 live CD. I think I get no
> > hardware accel then and it was bad...really bad...to play them. Actually
> > impossible. But probably not much we can do about it.
>
> I think this is not related to hardware acceleration. I remember trying
> a previous version of the LiveCD, and it was also unusable on my setup
> (VMWare.) However, Kubuntu with KDE4 built from sources on the exact
> same virtual hardware flies. I am wondering if maybe Andreas was also
> using a LiveCD for his tests, and this can maybe explain the delays he
> is seeing? I am downloading the new LiveCD to give it a try.

I'm building from SVN on Debian unstable. As I said before, I don't know
how QGraphicsView or the Qt SVG Renderer works, but I know that in my
setup I have absolutely _no_ acceleration (due to xinerama), except some
XAA and XV. Not even XRender works properly.

I'll now do a test with just 1 screen and see wether that improves
things.

Andreas

--
Your talents will be recognized and suitably rewarded.