[Kde-games-devel] Meetings and results

Mauricio Piacentini mauricio at tabuleiro.com
Wed Sep 5 14:38:20 CEST 2007

Luciano Montanaro wrote:
> I have tried investigating the issue of svg tiles in knetwalk, and while I
> have managed to produce tiles that look more more or less correct, the
> problem is that I can't understand the logic to follow. with kgoldrunner, I
> had to render the tiles half a pixel larger than the image size to draw to.
> With knetwalk, it looks like the correction is 1.5 pixels on each border.
> This breaks my assumption that the svgrenderer had been changed to better
> center svg graphic.... It would be important to understand how it really
> works. I also noticed that kmines is affected too.

Did you consider the type of SVG element you are trying to get the
bounds from? In KBlocks for example I realized that in 4.3.0 the stroke
was not taken into account when measuring the bounds. So in Inkscape for
example if you had a 19pixel rect with a 1pixel stroke then QtSVG would
consider that the width and height of the element were 19, and not 20 as
shown in Inkscape.
I would look at the strokes first, and then the type of element (rect,
or path for example.) Does converting to path solves anything?
To me, it looks like 4.3.1 Svg is broken. Or 4.3.0 was. Regresssions
like this anyway really hurt our confidence in Qt, specially happening
in such a minor release.
I think we need a direct channel with the TT guys that could help us
understand what has changed, and what to do. Aaron, can you help with
this particular issue?

Regards,
Mauricio Piacentini