[Kde-games-devel] Issues with KGamePopupItem

Parker Coates parker.coates at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 06:26:56 CEST 2007

On 10/5/07, Parker Coates <parker.coates at gmail.com> wrote:
> I bet that is exactly my problem. I have subclassed mouseMoveEvent() and
> mouseReleaseEvent() in my QGraphicsView.

> I totally forgot about having to call the parent event.

Calling the parent event handlers did indeed fix my problem. Thanks.

I have another KGamePopupItem related question. I'd really like to add
a signal to KGPI that is emitted when the item is hidden. (By hidden I
mean both hidden through timeout and hidden through user interaction.)

Adding such a signal wouldn't require making any major changes to the
code, but it would be a change to the API. I'm not really sure where
things stand as far as freezes and betas and all that are concerned,
so my question is: Could such a change be made at this point or would
it have to wait until 4.1?

Parker

PS: Oh, and in case anyone is wondering what my use case is, I'd like
to display a popup saying "Round complete." after each round. I
imagine it working as follows:

- User completes a round.
- Popup appears with a congratulatory message.
- Final state of previous round remains visible.
- When popup closes, a new round is generated and play resumes.

This would allow a nice and smooth three second (maybe?) pause between
levels. Kind of a brief cool down period, but an impatient player
could click on the popup to  move on to the next level immediately.