[Kde-games-devel] Issues with KGamePopupItem

Parker Coates parker.coates at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 18:17:39 CEST 2007

On 10/5/07, Dmitry Suzdalev <dimsuz at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi parker
>
> Hmm, that's strange. Do you have some kind of event filter in your scene or
> widget that holds it? Do you do some custom mouse processing in mouse event
> handlers?
> Check that you call all parent class message handlers in your own ones.

I bet that is exactly my problem. I have subclassed mouseMoveEvent() and
mouseReleaseEvent() in my QGraphicsView. Shortly after writing my
original email tried removing my custom mouse events and
KGamePopupItem started working. I thought maybe it was a problem with
event->accept() or event->ignore(), but that got me no where so I gave
up. I totally forgot about having to call the parent event.

I'm out of town for the long weekend (Canadian Thanksgiving) so I
won't have a chance to touch the code before Monday night. If I can't
get it working, I'll be sure to let you know.

> What game are you working on?

A personal project.

> Are its sources available anywhere so I can take a look? :)
> Or is it even in kdegames module? ;)

Not yet. :)

Thanks,

Parker