[Kde-games-devel] I want to contribute... where do I start?

Jeremy Wick jwickers at gmail.com
Wed May 23 11:14:53 CEST 2007

Hi,

Fresh meat for the grinder ! :D

You can look at the unmaintained games that were moved out of
kdegames, maybe there is one that you would want to start hacking.

Another option is to help the maintainers by sending patches.

Making small patches usually doesn't need a lot of experience in the
code base, maintaining and porting one of the game that did not meet
the kde4 quality standards will need more time and energy as well as
more experience.

For this you should start by writing small applications to be more
familiar with qt4 and kde. Writing a small game for kde4 using SVG
from scratch will be easier than trying to take over an unmaintained
game.