[Kde-games-devel] I want to contribute... where do I start?

Fela Winkelmolen nimatar at gmail.com
Wed May 23 10:04:45 CEST 2007

On Tuesday 22 May 2007, kcoder24 wrote:
> Hi there. I´m developer and mainly develop in VB, but I've also developed
> in Unix and Tandem environments with ANSI C, ProC and a little of C++.
>
> Now I want to star in this universe called OpenSource. I'm interested in
> KDE Games, how can I start?
>
> kcoder24

Hi!
I'm new to. Actually I'm not really a kde developer yet, so take my advise for
what it's worth.
If you're not familiar with Qt yet you could start with the Qt Tutorial[1],
and on techbase there are some tutorials to become familiar with the KDE
technologies[2]. What I did afterwards was to write a simple game just to
practice a bit, and that wrote some simple patches to an existing game.
There also is a list of unmaintained games[3] but I'm not sure how up to date
it is.

Good luck!

- fela

[1] http://doc.trolltech.com/4.3/tutorial.html
[2] http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials
[3] http://wiki.kde.org/tiki-index.php?page=KDE%20games%20maintainers
--
Hello! I'm a signature virus. Copy me to your signature, ^^ pleeeeease!!!!!!