[Kde-games-devel] GGZ / KDE games multiplayer

Josef Spillner spillner at kde.org
Tue May 22 14:58:39 CEST 2007

On Tuesday 22 May 2007 13:30:17 Dmitry Suzdalev wrote:
> Btw, how is your name pronounced? Depending on it I can come up with
> two Russian spellings:
> Джозеф and Йозеф.

It's the second one, but in some languages there are variants leaning towards
the first one (e.g. in Portuguese) or even different like xозе (e.g. in
Spanish).

> It shouldn't be hard to do. What would you expect from it? Some concrete
> API?

There are AIs which keep state and there are others which don't. I don't
really have a preference, but usually no state needs to be kept for board
games.

Without state:
  aimove(x, y) = calculate_aimove(board[][], colour)
With state:
  move(colour, x, y)
  aimove(x, y) = calculate_aimove(colour)
(plus error handling)

> OK, thanks for info!
> Do you consider to put all this stuff (developer tutorial+user setup
> instructions) in some kind of GGZ-HOWTO? :-)

I've filled the page a bit more:
http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Architecture/KDE4/KGGZ

If anything is still in doubt I'm going to update it accordingly.

Josef