[Kde-games-devel] GGZ / KDE games multiplayer

Dmitry Suzdalev dimsuz at gmail.com
Tue May 22 13:30:17 CEST 2007

2007/5/22, Josef Spillner <spillner at kde.org>:
> Привет Дима,
Приветище! :-)

Btw, how is your name pronounced? Depending on it I can come up with
two Russian spellings:
Джозеф and Йозеф.

The first is if "J" is read like in "Joke", the second is if "J" is
read like "Yo" in "New York" :-)

Now to the gaming stuff ;)

> On Monday 21 May 2007 10:56:32 Dmitry Suzdalev wrote:
> > Yes, in 'some way'. But it still lacks full GGZ support (read: not
> > playable through GGZ).
>
> No longer true as of today :)
Wow! That's just great!

> Where you could definitely help is to change the KReversi AI into a static
> library with Qt-only dependencies. We could then offer it as a 2nd AI choice
> on the server.
It shouldn't be hard to do. What would you expect from it? Some concrete API?

> Hope it can be resurrected soon!
Yeah, me too. Seems like this is my motherboard that is broken...

> There are no compile-time dependencies, only run-time tools are needed.
Oh, that's nice! I thought that it would be something KDE4-dependant.

> On Debian, it's "apt-get install ggz", followed by launching "ggz". Change
> the Reversi room, and it'll offer you some clients. Then run "make install"
> in the KReversi dir and it should offer you an additional client. Make sure
> to run the "ggz" command in the environment which has all the KDE4 paths set
> up.
OK, thanks for info!
Do you consider to put all this stuff (developer tutorial+user setup
instructions) in some kind of GGZ-HOWTO? :-)

Dmitry.