[Kde-games-devel] Klickety in KDE4

Mauricio Piacentini mauricio at tabuleiro.com
Mon May 14 15:56:54 CEST 2007

Fabiano Sant'Ana wrote:
> I'm a klickety enthusiast myself, so if you want to join forces and try
> to salve ksirtet and libksirtet first I gonna be very happy ;)

Just to offer an idea: KSame is basically very similar to klickety, and
it will be available in KDE 4. Henrique (another brazilian) did the
heavy work of porting it to QGV and KDE4 already, but he mentioned that
currently he has less time to devote to it.
I personally feel that the only area where klickety is superior to the
current KSame is in feedback: when you remove an area in klickety the
affected pieces "fall" into place, and in ksame they just disappear and
reappear in the new position. Maybe one of you guys could help Henrique,
and implement this effect in KSame as a patch from him to review? You
could examine the implementation of pieces moving in KAtomic (by dimsuz)
for tips, I guess.

Another idea is to add loadable theme support, perhaps, and offer a
"klickey-like" theme to KSame, basically colored squares in addition to
the marbles we have now. This way we could all benefit from these
improvements immediately! What do you think?

Regards,
Mauricio Piacentini