[Kde-games-devel] Klickety in KDE4

Ian Wadham ianw2 at optusnet.com.au
Tue May 15 05:23:40 CEST 2007

On Mon, 14 May 2007 11:56 pm, Mauricio Piacentini wrote:
> Just to offer an idea: KSame is basically very similar to klickety, and
> it will be available in KDE 4. <snip>
>
> Another idea is to add loadable theme support, perhaps, and offer a
> "klickey-like" theme to KSame, basically colored squares in addition to
> the marbles we have now. This way we could all benefit from these
> improvements immediately! What do you think?

KSame and Klickety seem to have similar (perhaps identical) rules, but
apparently a different playing experience.  This could well be because
of the different board layouts and numbers of colors.  Specifically we
have: KSame 3 colors, 15 cells wide, 10 cells high, 150 cells and
Klickety 5 colors, 10 cells wide, 16 cells high, 160 cells.  KSame also
has a points-scoring system, but Klickety is based on time.

The difference in gameplay seems to be due to having fewer and larger
groups to start with in KSame and more width in which to work.  So maybe
we need to make the number of colors and the board size configurable
in KSame.  Note too that Klickety has configurable colors ...

All the best, Ian W.

P.S. I miss KDE 3's rotating-sphere effect when playing the KDE 4
version of KSame.  KDE 4 Klickety does not play at all for me.  It just
hogs access to the hard disk, paralyses the desktop and mouse
pointer, then times out (thankfully, otherwise I would have to reboot).