[Kde-games-devel] KSokoban

Matt Williams matt at milliams.com
Sun May 6 18:57:55 CEST 2007

On Sunday 06 May 2007 17:37:50 Scott MacDonald wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> I was just reading about the new games for KDE4, and I was dissapointed to
> see that KSokoban didn't make the cut for KDE4 due to a lack of a
> maintainer. It is my favorite game. What is required to become a
> maintainer? Uni gets out in a week, and if no one else is interested in
> updating KSokoban I'd be willing to take it on.

That's great news :)

> I've used Qt4, and I enjoy it a lot. (Especially canvas! wow) What would I
> need to do? Just update it to Qt4? Add more functionality? Rewrite it? I'm
> not too good with drawing graphics, but everything else I can do.

You don't need to be able to do graphics, we've got a fantastic group of
people who have been doing a great job with that. All you would need to do is
write the support for it.

I believe that KSokoban is already updated to KDE4 in as much as it compiles.
You would need to make sure that it's fully ported, resizable and looking
sexy. Of course adding new functionality would be good but getting a working
version is more important.

It's currently residing in /trunk/playground/games so feel free to have a play
around, ask questions on this list and come visit us in #kdegames on
freenode.net

--
Matt Williams
http://milliams.com