[Kde-games-devel] [KDEGames] Hi!

Matt Williams matt at milliams.com
Sun May 6 15:50:13 CEST 2007

On Sunday 06 May 2007 05:56:01 Alex Loret de Mola wrote:
> Dear All:
>
> Hi, Alex Loret de Mola here.  I'm a long time programmer, but newcomer
> to the open source movement.  I saw that some of my favorite KDE games
> (KSnake most notably... I know, commence with the throwing of popcorn)
> didn't have enough development "oomph" to get them upgraded and out
> the door for KDE 4.0.
>
> Is there anyone working on boosting these games up to compliance?  If
> there is, I just wanted to say that I'm up for lending my hand.  I've
> done a lot of development before, but I've not yet done any on the
> Linux platform... so it may take me a bit to get up to speed.  I have
> experience working with OpenGL and SDL however, and I know my way
> around C, C++, and Java.
>
> Let me know if there's anything I can do to get Snake up to speed! =)
> (well, or anything)
>
> Cheers,
>
> Alex

All (with maybe one or two exceptions) of the games that were moved to
playground is because there was no-one working on them for KDE4. It looks
like KPoker is being revitalised at the moment.

Basically, no one is working on KSnake and so if you would be willing to work
on it, it would be very much appreciated. Of course you will need a KDE4
development environment set up if you don't already (see
http://techbase.kde.org for details) and KSnake is currently residing
in /trunk/playground/games/ksnake.

If you have any questions about getting started or anything really, send a
mail to this list or pop onto IRC in the #kdegames channel.

--
Matt Williams
http://milliams.com