[Kde-games-devel] KPoker

Martin Heni kde at heni-online.de
Sun May 6 11:07:33 CEST 2007

I was briefly thinking about making KPoker fit for KDE4. As I have done LSkat
I think another card game might be not so hard for me to do. But I am not
fully sure whether this is a good idea or not. A couple of questions:

1. Is someone already working on KPoker? If so I need not bother.

2. Is there any maintainer for KPoker? Is there someone who would keep it
alive after KDE 4.0 as it is absolutely impossible for me to maintain it
beyond the initial conversion.

3. Is the game generally worth keeping? What's the opinion on that? How is the
AI playing? I could only do the QGV/SVG conversion but probably not any
gameplay or AI issues. I am not a poker player either so I cannot judge this
very well.

4. Are there other things missing or buggy except for the graphics, that is,
if I would make scalable QGV graphics would the game be alright then?

Any opinions?