[Kde-games-devel] KPoker

Andreas Beckermann b_mann at gmx.de
Sun May 6 12:23:11 CEST 2007

On Sunday 06 May 2007 11:07, Martin Heni wrote:
> I was briefly thinking about making KPoker fit for KDE4. As I have done
> LSkat I think another card game might be not so hard for me to do. But I am
> not fully sure whether this is a good idea or not. A couple of questions:
>
> 1. Is someone already working on KPoker? If so I need not bother.

I am. However only on my local disk and still in a KDE3 version:
I have (mostly) completed a KGame port, that finally enables the
implementation of a clean computer player + gives network games for free.

However since I don't have much time these days, I don't think I am going to
start a KDE4 port somewhen soon, so feel free to do so.

> 2. Is there any maintainer for KPoker? Is there someone who would keep it
> alive after KDE 4.0 as it is absolutely impossible for me to maintain it
> beyond the initial conversion.
>
> 3. Is the game generally worth keeping? What's the opinion on that? How is
> the AI playing? I could only do the QGV/SVG conversion but probably not any
> gameplay or AI issues. I am not a poker player either so I cannot judge
> this very well.

The current AI sucks ans is not worth working on. That would be a waste of
time: the design is terribly flawed and just plain ugly.

> 4. Are there other things missing or buggy except for the graphics, that
> is, if I would make scalable QGV graphics would the game be alright then?
>
> Any opinions?

CU
Andi