[Kde-games-devel] KScoreDialog usability related question

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue Jun 12 22:31:44 CEST 2007

On Tuesday 12 June 2007, Dmitry Suzdalev wrote:
> On Tuesday 12 June 2007 21:54, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > using the same widget that dolphin or amarok uses to show such
> > information at the bottom of the window would be perfect, imho. it's
> > visible, obvious, non-intrusive and goes away eventually on its own.
>
> Wow. I really like the idea. IIRC this widget is private to amarok, i.e. it
> doesn't exist in kdelibs, yes? Btw, haven't seen it in dolphin.
> Wait. You mean the one in the status bar? Or the one which reports an
> errors in amarok (the yellow one)? :-)

either one. they are two different implementations of essentially the same
idea, but i think either would work here. i think i'd prefer the dolphin one
in this case, but the idea is the same.

and if kdegames uses the widget as well, that would make it an obvious
addition to kdelibs for at least 4.1

> Thinking a bit more about it - maybe we can write some QGraphicsItem for
> showing highscores which behaves like that amarok thingie?
> Ah, and KGameCanvas variant should be written too.

wouldn't be hard to do.

> > nope =) you are bang on.
>
> Hehe. Not sure what "bang on" means exactly

think of the sound a hammer makes when it hits a nail ;) "bang on" == exactly
right on target.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se