[Kde-games-devel] KScoreDialog usability related question

Dmitry Suzdalev dimsuz at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 23:21:50 CEST 2007

On Wednesday 13 June 2007 00:31, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> either one. they are two different implementations of essentially the same
> idea, but i think either would work here. i think i'd prefer the dolphin
> one in this case, but the idea is the same.
>
> and if kdegames uses the widget as well, that would make it an obvious
> addition to kdelibs for at least 4.1
Tried to pull statusbarlabel.* from dolphin and use it in KAtomic (with slight
modification). Looks promising, although it has some problems when put in
KStatusBar (StatusBarLabel is a QWidget) - it produces a series of geometry
updates and for some (yet) unknown reason doesn't want to fit message in one
line. Well, I just played, perhaps this needs some more work to be put in.

> > Thinking a bit more about it - maybe we can write some QGraphicsItem for
> > showing highscores which behaves like that amarok thingie?
> > Ah, and KGameCanvas variant should be written too.
>
> wouldn't be hard to do.
Already almost finished first variant of GameMessageItem (better name anyone)?
It's simple, optimised for short one-line messages, can appear from either
side of the QGraphicsScene (TopLeft, TopRight, BottomLeft, BottomRight) using
simple animation and most importantly it is fun to implement :-).

Perhaps I'll commit it tomorrow for others to see and comment.

> think of the sound a hammer makes when it hits a nail ;) "bang on" ==
> exactly right on target.
Nice to have such "native" English phrases in my russian mind ;-). Thanks!

Cheers,
Dmitry.