[Kde-games-devel] KScoreDialog usability related question

Dmitry Suzdalev dimsuz at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 20:30:47 CEST 2007

On Tuesday 12 June 2007 21:54, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> using the same widget that dolphin or amarok uses to show such information
> at the bottom of the window would be perfect, imho. it's visible, obvious,
> non-intrusive and goes away eventually on its own.
Wow. I really like the idea. IIRC this widget is private to amarok, i.e. it
doesn't exist in kdelibs, yes? Btw, haven't seen it in dolphin.
Wait. You mean the one in the status bar? Or the one which reports an errors
in amarok (the yellow one)? :-)

Thinking a bit more about it - maybe we can write some QGraphicsItem for
showing highscores which behaves like that amarok thingie?
Ah, and KGameCanvas variant should be written too.

> as for asking for the name, i'd say just default to the user's login
> (that's trivial to get via:
>
> KUser user;
> QString name = user.fullName();
>
> if (name.isEmpty()) {
>      name = user.loginName();
> }
>
> voila, a default name.
yup, that's a nice solution. I think I saw this in kbattleship :)

> nope =) you are bang on.
Hehe. Not sure what "bang on" means exactly, but I think I got you right ;-)

Cheers,
Dmitry.