[Kde-games-devel] Faster KGameThemeSelector startup

Mauricio Piacentini mauricio at tabuleiro.com
Fri Jun 1 15:04:23 CEST 2007

Henrique Pinto wrote:
> Perhaps we can use ThreadWeaver to check the SVG files in background.
> Another simple check is to add the CRC of the SVG file to the theme
> '.desktop' file and check that instead of SVG validity; I believe that
> would catch most file corruptions.

The ThreadWeaver solution is possible, but I am not sure it is
necessary, as the application can call theme->load() afterwards. It
looks like a bit of overengineering to me.
The CRC suggestion is ok, but it is not really appropriate for user
contributed themesimo. We want to let people with no programming skills
produce themes by usually simply modifying a .desktop file and pointing
it to a different .svg. It has to be as easy as possible, and some
authors will have trouble understanding and producing the crc value.

Regards,
Mauricio