[Kde-games-devel] scripting languages

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Wed Jul 18 05:42:12 CEST 2007

hi all =)

just read Paolo's very nice blog entry about the progress made in kboard:

	http://pcapriotti.wordpress.com/2007/07/18/kboard-an-update/

in it, Paolo notes that it is using Lua for scripting. out of curiosity ...
why Lua? i know it's popular among certain online games, but other than
that ... =)

personally, i'd love to see more and more KDE apps that support scripting
supporter either-or-both QtScript / Kross. they do have slightly different
approaches, but if we can get enough apps with JavaScript support (which we
get with either QtScript or Kross) then we can start to offer a
scripting "lingua franca" for desktop apps.

people can then learn one language (that they may well already know) and go
nuts in kde.

however, i'm sure there's a very good reason for Lua in this case. as such,
i'm curious to know what it is =)

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se