[Kde-games-devel] Localization of in game strings

Mauricio Piacentini mauricio at tabuleiro.com
Mon Jul 16 15:54:11 CEST 2007

kleag at free.fr wrote:

> As you can see, a combination of the two above methods could be used to define
>  a bounding box in the SGV file of the theme and then force the drawing of
>  localized strings of the correct size inside inside this box.
>
> Comments ?

Seems nice, thanks for sharing it. I think that in some cases where even
finer control is needed the artist could also enter the boundingBox
directly in the SVG theme, and the code could retrieve the boundingRect
of the element. This would guarantee that elements do not run over each
other, in case of very large strings. I understand that in Ksirk this is
really not a concern for the country maps, and centering is enough.

Just to complement the suggestion above, in the case of multiple text
fields the author could also precalculate the minimum fontSize for all
of them, and use the minimum size for all fields. Again, this is not
necessary in Ksirk, but might be nice to have in some themes (to
guarantee a given set of labels have the same font size, which is
usually more pleasant.)

Regards,
Mauricio Piacentini