[Kde-games-devel] Module policy for kdegames4

Matt Williams matt at milliams.com
Tue Jan 30 21:53:31 CET 2007

On Tuesday 30 January 2007 02:08:43 Ian Wadham wrote:
> On Tue, 30 Jan 2007 12:42 pm, Matt Williams wrote:
> > I was wondering if it would be possible for KSquares to be looked at for
> > inclusion in KDE Games 4? For those of you who don't know anything about
> > it, I did a little write about it in the Digest last week
> > (http://commit-digest.org/issues/2007-01-21/#2) or find its homepage at
> > http://www.milliams.com/content/view/18/42/ . It's currently residing
> > in /trunk/playground/games/ksquares and is fairly mature already.
>
> Is this the game otherwise known as the French Polytechnic School
> Game?  ... where you take turns to draw an edge to join two corners and
> anyone who draws the fourth edge of a square wins that square and gets
> an extra turn?  If so, I'd say it would be more than welcome.  FPSG is
> a classic game and quite tricky (I first played it in my squared-paper
> arithmetic exercise book :-)).  It is also covered in classic texts on the
> maths of games and puzzles.

Yes, it sounds very much like the same game. It's called all manner of names
but I've always called it squares and I get to name the program :).

So, what's the process of getting it moved into the module? Who's the module
maintainer as I guess I should email them?

Does anyone else have any thoughts?

Regards,
--
Matt Williams