[Kde-games-devel] Tutorials for GGZ-in-kdegames

Alan Horkan horkana at maths.tcd.ie
Tue Feb 27 00:46:08 CET 2007

On Mon, 26 Feb 2007, Josef Spillner wrote:

> Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 09:37:20 +0100
> From: Josef Spillner <spillner at kde.org>
> To: KDE games development <kde-games-devel at kde.org>
> Subject: [Kde-games-devel] Tutorials for GGZ-in-kdegames
>
> Hi,
>
> I felt like writing some tutorials on the matter now that the sources have
> been imported into SVN.
>
> The next goal for me is to implement the gameplay in KReversi. This will in
> turn need some decisions about how to let the UI reflect the multiplayer
> status. For example, will we simply grey out the multiplayer dialogs when the
> game is run in singleplayer mode, or will we hide them completely? Likewise,

Generally it is better for discoverability to show things greyed out but
then there is always the problem of users wondering how to enable the
greyed out features (leading to the expression "grey doubt").
Hiding items completey only to have them appear out of nowhere is not a
surprise users appreciate and it cause
other items to move around which again doesn't do users any favours (dont
you hate when people rearrange important things without telling you).

--
Alan