[Kde-games-devel] Color-blind themes

Mark A. Taff marktaff at comcast.net
Sat Feb 17 23:50:08 CET 2007

On Saturday 17 February 2007 01:15:53 Martin Heni wrote:
> When reading on the list that most kde games start to support themes I had
> the idea whether we should think about introducing color-blind (or similar)
> themes into the games. This might be a nice addition to KDE.

I am certainly open to creating theme variations enhaced for those with
color-blindness or in need of enhanced contrast.  Are there a set of design
guidlines somewhere for creating graphics for high contrast, color-blindness,
etc?

And isn't color-blindness just an inability to see certain colors, not all of
them? Better check wp, educate myself.  ;-)

Perhaps we should make it a goal to have a high-contrast and a color-blind
theme in all KDE svn games before KDE4?

> I dont know whether other diablements are affected by the games or can be
> tackled to easily. But I though I bring it to attention and we can discuss
> it.

It would be nice if we could hear from disabled users or accessibility experts
on this.

Regards,

Mark