[Kde-games-devel] Color-blind themes

Martin Heni martin at heni-online.de
Sat Feb 17 10:15:53 CET 2007

When reading on the list that most kde games start to support themes I had the
idea whether we should think about introducing color-blind (or similar) themes
into the games. This might be a nice addition to KDE.

This probably mainly affects board games where the pieces are distinguished by
colors. I suppose color blind people cant play these games at all. By making
a theme which replaces the color-coded pieces by geometrical forms it is
probably very easy to equip our games with this added benefit.

As (partial) color blindness is relatively widespread this may be a larger
benefit than we think.

I dont know whether other diablements are affected by the games or can be
tackled to easily. But I though I bring it to attention and we can discuss
it.