[Kde-games-devel] KWin4 Status

Martin Heni martin at heni-online.de
Sat Feb 17 10:10:35 CET 2007

Kwin4 has reached a beta status concering SVG etc. meaning:

The SVG engine is working. The game supports scaling and theming
(as an example I include a "white" and "yellow" theme which can be
switched).

The AI does work in princple (you see this when you ask for a "hint").

However, it seems the KSettings window dialog is broken. It is possible
to change player names etc but all button groups have no effect and
thus it is only possible to change "who plays whom" hardcoded in the
code. I think this is not a problem of the game but of the lib but maybe
someone else can help here or has notices this somewhere else?

The graphics are not yet in their final shape. I used mainly the concept
drawing we had from Johann and added some own elements (which look
not yet nice). However, an artist can go over it soon and make them nicer.
To make work for graphics artists easier, the game reads all graphics settings
like sizes and positions from a configuration file. So an artists can change
placement and sizing without compiling.

Main things to do:
- Serious code cleanup (including deletion of unused files)
- Documentation
- Some minor bugs and improvements
- Graphics

Nevertheless, I think the game is matured enough that you can have a test and
begin giving me feedback.