[Kde-games-devel] KWin4 Status

Mark A. Taff marktaff at comcast.net
Mon Feb 19 03:18:44 CET 2007

On Saturday 17 February 2007 01:10:35 Martin Heni wrote:
> Main things to do:
> - Serious code cleanup (including deletion of unused files)
> - Documentation
> - Some minor bugs and improvements
> - Graphics
>
> Nevertheless, I think the game is matured enough that you can have a test
> and begin giving me feedback.

It seems pretty good.  The only thing I realy noticed was that it really spins
up my cpu.  The cpu is an AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3700+

I am running this over an unencrypted NX session on a 100Mb LAN. NX overhead
for typical use in say, KMail is about 6-9% of cpu.

Even waiting between moves (the game is doing nothing obvious to the user) it
takes 70-100% of the cpu. Other than this, it seems quite playable and
attractive right now. ;-)

Regards,

Mark