[Kde-games-devel] KMines SVG

Johann Ollivier Lapeyre johann.ollivierlapeyre at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 22:30:28 CET 2007

> no we musn't  create others colors by mixing ones, we must use the
> > originals one.
>
> You're kidding, right? That would mean that we can't use any transparency
> or
> gradients in anything related to oxygen: icons, windecs, wallpapers,
> games,
> etc.

i didn't  wanted  to say  that of  course.  i'm just saying that  even with
color's palette, you could get an almost tango or crystal look...  If we are
putting a flat green (with 20% transparency) on a red, this is not the same
thing as putting light/shaddow gradiant to make it 3D.

Not even the artists who are making the oxygen icons agree with that
> position as evidenced by the icons they produce.  Look at the icons.  They
> all have gradients.  The shadow itself violates the oxygen color palette,
> if
> you take the palette that strictly!

i hope i'm explaining better my mind now ;) (sorry if my english is not very
good)

What is more
> important: a pure oxygen color of an underlying object that nobody sees,
> or
> the final color that combines all the colors, gradients, and alpha that
> comprise a pixel?

The final result closer to oxygen color, not a layer in a svg file.

(i don't answer more because you took me for a color's nazi because of my
bad explaination) ;)